Wardarnji is back!
Celebrate the beauty of Nyoongar culture and the warmer Kambarang evenings and gather with us on the banks of Fremantle Arts Centre’s South Lawn for a breathtaking night of song, dance and storytelling on Whadjuk Nyoongar Boodjar.
Featuring traditional and contemporary performances by dancers of all ages, Wardarnji joyously showcases one of the world’s oldest and richest cultures.
Come along early to browse market stalls showcasing local Nyoongar makers, artists and small business owners, or simply settle in on the lawns and enjoy a pre-show picnic.
EVENT INFORMATION / FAQS
For those planning on attending, please note the important event information below:
– Gates open at 6pm via our main entrance
– Market stalls featuring Nyoongar makers, artists and small businesses will be open from 6pm
– The performance will commence at 7pm
– We are anticipating a large crowd, so we recommend you arrive early and allow plenty of time to get into the venue
– Please note that capacity is limited so do check our social media channels as we will be updating it regularly
– Low back chairs, blankets and cushions are permitted
– High back chairs are not permitted
– Hard eskies are not permitted
– A great range of food and drinks will be available to purchase
– You are also welcome to BYO food (no BYO alcohol)
It’s going to be another spectacular celebration; we hope to see you there!