Get to know the incredible artists and stories behind the 2022 Revealed Exhibition at our Open Day, a special daytime celebration featuring artist talks, artist-led demonstrations, curator Q&As and special guest appearances.
You’ll get to meet and hear from Revealed artists and arts workers who’ve travelled from regional arts centres including Tjarlirli Art, Juluwarlu Art Group, Mowanjum Arts and Martumili Artists, as well as local Noongar artists.
After our artist talks, join esteemed curator, writer and arts manager Emilia Galatis for a discussion on collecting Aboriginal art.
A relaxed afternoon of yarning, practice and community, our Open Day provides the opportunity to get to know the artists and stories behind this year’s Revealed.
11am – 12:30pm: Artist Talks
This series of talks will be facilitated by this year’s Revealed Artsworker Program participants Courtney McKay (Juluwarlu Art Group), Sylvia Wilson (Martumili Artists) and Katelyn Whitehurst (BRAG).
- Bernard Bell, Tjarlirli Art
- Judith Coppin and Courtney McKay, Juluwarlu Art Group, in conversation about their collaborative portrait project
- Shontae Charles + Rona Charles, Mowanjum Art and Cultural Centre
- Sylvia Wilson, Martumili Artists
- Bianca Long, independent artist (Wyndham)
- Kahlie Lockyer, independent artist (Boorloo | Perth)
- Jason Haji-Ali (Boorloo | Perth)
12:40 – 1pm: Emilia Galatis
Join esteemed curator and consultant Emilia Galatis in a discussion on collecting Aboriginal art.
1 – 3pm: Artist demonstrations
Watch and chat to artists at work. Observe techniques of the following artists:
- Mary Watson, Juluwarlu Art Group
- Shontae Charles, Mowanjum Art and Cultural Centre
- Winsome Newberry + Julieanne Farmer, Tjarlirli Art
- Independent artists Bianca Long, Kahlie Lockyer + Darryl Dempster