Design is everywhere and we all make design decisions every day – what to wear, where we live, what we buy and how we get from A to B.
DesignFreo: Object, Space, Place looks at Fremantle through the lens of design and draws attention to how design shapes our experiences as individuals and as a community. The exhibition explores our relationship to designed objects, spaces and places and features local architects and furniture makers, and fashion, industrial, interior and graphic designers.
DesignFreo also highlights the big issues good design must address for the city and for the planet.
Multi-award-winning local architects spaceagency will transform the main gallery with their exhibition design, creating a dynamic setting for the other designers’ work.
Penhale and Winter
Becky Chilcott and Isabel Kruger
Ohlo Studio and Remington Matters
- The Second Salon
To find out more read the exhibition media release.
Read the exhibition floorsheets which correspond to each gallery space.
DesignFreo Conversation 03 / Object, Space, Place
Wed 9 Dec | 6pm | Tickets $16.91 – book via DesignFreo
Spend an evening at Fremantle Arts Centre viewing DesignFreo’s first exhibition Object, Space, Place. The exhibiting designers will be in the galleries to chat with you about all things design.
Whether you have a burning question or are just curious, this is a special opportunity to meet with local designers in a relaxed and informal environment.
Exhibition curator and DesignFreo founder Pippa Hurst will introduce the show.
The ticket price includes wood fired pizza and a couple of drinks.
FOUND will be open for hassle-free Christmas shopping.
- Michael Patroni and Dimmity Walker / architects / spaceagency
- Shane Winter and Drew Penhale / architects / Penhale and Winter
- Becky Chilcott / communication designer / chil3
- Isabel Kruger / brand designer / Izzi Communication Design
- Ben Savage / furniture designer and maker / squarepeg home
- Julian Illich / electric bike designer and entrepreneur / Tiller Rides
- Sarah Watanabe and Emma Williamson / fashion designers / Monster Alphabets Dillemma
- Jen Lowe / interior and furniture designer / Ohlo Studio
- Angus McBride / furniture designer and maker / Remington Matters
- Katie Leenan /scent designer / The Second Salon