CURATOR – VISUAL ARTS
Fixed term, full-time for 4 years
Fremantle Arts Centre is a major multi-disciplinary contemporary arts organisation in Western Australia. Housed in an extraordinary gothic heritage building and lush leafy grounds, our annual program includes contemporary visual arts exhibitions, a diverse range of multi-disciplinary performance, music and conversations. FAC supports a unique artist in residence program, extensive arts learning workshops and is home to a café and the FOUND shop – celebrating the highest quality creations of WA makers.
The Curator’s role is a vital artistic & leadership role, offering a significant opportunity to work in a curatorial capacity within one of Australia’s leading arts organisations, and to develop & deliver curatorial and public programs of local, national & international standing and relevance. The Curator position will collaborate with FAC teams across all artistic programs,
responsible for the integration of a robust visual arts exhibition program within the multidisciplinary vision and mission of FAC and City of Fremantle.
OPERATIONS & SITE MANAGER
Full Time Fixed Term – 6 months
The City of Fremantle is currently seeking to appoint an Operations & Site Manager at the Fremantle Art Centre. The role is responsible for the efficient management of Fremantle Arts Centre (FAC), its resources, cultural facility, and associated programs. The Operations & Site Manager works within the context of a highly professional and specialised team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee all operational requirements to ensure that FAC is a welcoming, accessible, and high functioning physical space for artists, communities, audiences, program participants and visitors.
- Manage a proactive team to ensure that FAC, as a cultural facility, is delivering high quality experiences and activities with and for communities, artists and audiences.
- Ensure FAC is a safe, accessible, compliant, high functioning and positive work environment, operating with clear and consistent policies, workplace safety and health, procedures, and contractual agreements in place.
To be considered for this position, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of venue or arts centre management.
- Strong negotiation and advocacy skills in both operational and creative contexts.
- A highly articulate communicator and excellent connector with a strong capacity to engage a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in delivering high quality outcomes in organisational and management including human resource management, policy, governance, and systems.