To accompany Warp this special panel focuses on the changing nature of contemporary video art practice and curation. Examining questions of technology, exhibition, and reception, the panel will consider developments in video as a medium and the practical and creative challenges of presenting video art within galleries, festivals, alternative spaces and online. Discussion will focus both on the work exhibited in Warp and local and international video art directions.
Artists, film makers, curators and all who are interested in the video medium are encouraged to attend.
- Amy Marjoram – Curator, Warp
- Jack Sargeant – Director, Revelation Perth International Film Festival; Writer
- Dale Buckley – Artist; Curator
- Michael Meneghetti – Artist; Curator
- Leon Marvell – Writer; Curator; Educator
- Denah Johnston (USA) – Curator, Filmmaker; Writer
- Georgie Roxby Smith – Artist
Panel facilitator: Erin Coates – Special Projects Coordinator, FAC
To reserve your seat please email [email protected] by 5pm, Thu 6 July.
Warp is a part of Revelation Perth International Film Festival | This project is supported by the State Government through the Department of Culture and the Arts.