In Cahoots is a major new creative project which sees artists from six Aboriginal art centres partnered with leading independent artists from around the country to produce significant new collaborative works through a series of artist residencies.
Presented by FAC, the project will culminate in an exhibition in November 2017 which explores the exciting and challenging nature of collaboration between art centres and both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal artists.
In Cahoots is led by the Aboriginal art centres at every stage of the project, from selecting the visiting artists and planning the exhibition, to engaging directly with audiences.
PARTICIPATING ART CENTRES AND ARTISTS INCLUDE:
- Baluk Arts (VIC) with Neil Aldum (WA)
- Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Arts Centre (NT) with Curtis Taylor (WA)
- Mangkaja Arts (WA) with Trent Jansen (NSW)
- Martumili Artists (WA) with Claire Healy & Sean Cordeiro (NSW)
- Papulankutja Artists (WA) with Louise Haselton (SA)
- Warakurna Artists (WA) with Tony Albert (QLD)