In Cahoots: artists collaborate across Country is a major new creative project which sees artists from six Aboriginal art centres partnered with leading independent artists from around the country to produce significant new collaborative works through a series of artist residencies.
Presented by FAC, the project will culminate in an exhibition in November 2017 which explores the exciting and challenging nature of collaboration between art centres and both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal artists.
In Cahoots is led by the Aboriginal art centres at every stage of the project, from selecting the visiting artists and planning the exhibition, to engaging directly with audiences.
PARTICIPATING ART CENTRES AND ARTISTS INCLUDE:
- Baluk Arts (VIC): Kirsty Bell, Dominic Bramall-White, Gillian Garvie, Glenn Foster, Tallara Gray, Robert Kelly, Beverley Meldrum, Rebecca Robinson, Nannett Shaw, Doug Smith, Lisa Waup and Shane Wright WITH Neil Aldum (WA)
- Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Arts Centre (NT): Ishmael Marika WITH Curtis Taylor (WA)
- Mangkaja Arts (WA): Elsie Dickens, Yangkarni Penny K-Lyons, Mayarn Lawford, Rita Minga, Eva Nargoodah, Illium Nargoodah, Johnny Nargoodah, Gene Tighe and Duane Shaw WITH Trent Jansen (NSW)
- Martumili Artists (WA): Kumpaya Girgiba, Rachel Handley,
Thelma Judson and Karnu Taylor WITH Claire Healy & Sean Cordeiro (NSW)
- Papulankutja Artists (WA): Angilyiya Mitchell, Freda Lane, Anawari Mitchell, Jennifer Mitchell and Pamela Hogan WITH Louise Haselton (SA)
- Warakurna Artists (WA): Nancy Carnegie Tjungupi, Lena Dawson Palitja, Andrea Giles, Norma Giles, Sheila Giles, Trudy Holland, Dianne Holland, Joyce James, Clarabelle Kendae, Francine Newberry, Nancy Nyanyarna Jackson, Polly Pawuya Butler-
Jackson, Eunice Porter Yunurupa, Kristabell Porter, Delilah Shepherd, Dwayne Shepherd, Katherine Shepherd, Selina Shepherd, Dallas Smythe, Noreen Smythe, Dorothy Ward, Rocky William Porter, Billy Willy, Tracy Yates, Judith Yinyika Chambers and the children of Warakurna WITH Tony Albert (QLD)