Aimed for all levels, this class can cater to students who are new to wheel throwing or those with some experience, it is a general class for one and all. Pieces will be fired in FAC's kilns.
- A materials & firing fee is included in the cost of the course
What to bring:-
- Notebook & pen
- Clay tools (if you have them)
- An old towel
- FAC provides clay
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
Firing & Glazing:-
- It is not always possible to fire and glaze all pieces made before the end of your course. The firing of each individual item is dependent on many factors including:– drying time, thickness, size, amount of work, when pieces are finished (i.e. towards the end of term the kilns are extremely full), and whether the pieces require bisque or glaze firing. We do our upmost to fire as much work as possible each week, however please bear in mind all of the above considerations. Please plan in advance if you would like to glaze in your final week of class.
- Once fired, work is left on the collection shelves and an email sent out with collection times. It is the student’s responsibility to identify and collect their own work.
- There are stand-alone glazing courses on offer each term if you would like to come back and finish your work another time.
Please note, COVID restrictions may apply at the time of this course. By enrolling, you agree to abide by the restrictions at all times while onsite. Please visit the COVID Safe page on our website to read the most up to date information, or visit wa.gov.au.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Greg Crowe
Greg Crowe has a long history with Fremantle Arts Centre, having exhibited here in the 1980s and 1990s. He has more than 40 years experience in making ceramics and over 30 years of teaching in Perth, Sydney and many other national and international locations.Read More