Learn how to catch moments of life in your sketchbook. Explore drawing and painting with watercolours, while developing your observation skills. Discover ways of capturing spontaneously the essence of your surroundings, with lines and colours, indoors and outdoors, at beautiful spots around Fremantle. Under the friendly guidance of an experienced tutor.
What to bring:-
- A Travel watercolour set
- Or: A portable watercolour palette and your choice of ARTIST quality watercolour TUBES, recommended: Ultramarine Blue, Alizarin crimson, Raw Sienna, Burnt sienna, Aureolin yellow, Sap green etc.
- A5 Watercolour sketchbook (Landscape orientation) or A4 Watercolour pad
- Round brushes #8 or #10, and or a Medium Waterbrush (with water reservoir)
- 2B pencil and an eraser
- Permanent Black pen 0.5, Artline or Micron
- Watercolour pencils - any browns, blue (optional)
- Collapsible water container + water
- Paper towels or a Rag
- A hat!
- The first class will be at Fremantle Arts Centre and weather permitting the remaining weeks will take place at locations around Fremantle
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Padma Hamilton
Padma is a practicing watercolour artist, specializing in capturing the essence of the human body from observation (life model). A passionate outdoors sketcher who loves to create quick watercolour impressions from life.Read More