Discover and explore the many varied applications of screenprinting onto fabric and paper. Techniques covered include photographic screenprinting, how to permanently fix an image to your silkscreen to print a high quality image multiple times, and designing and cutting your own stencils. Discuss imagery suitable for printing, master composition, layering, colour mixing and placement.
- A materials fee is included in the cost of the course
- Calico/test material and 2 x 100% linen tea towel blanks will be provided
- All additional fabric to be supplied by student (not needed for first class)
What to bring:-
- Sketchbook (A4 or A5)
- Pencil, eraser, sharpener
- An old towel
- Sketches and ideas, photos, magazines, books, anything that inspires you
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
Please note, COVID restrictions may apply at the time of this course. By enrolling, you agree to abide by the restrictions at all times while onsite. Please visit the COVID Safe page on our website to read the most up to date information, or visit wa.gov.au.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enroll has special requirements, please contact Reception on 9432 9555 or email [email protected] to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Louise Snook
Louise Snook is a prominent artist in WA for her work with textiles, whether as fashion pieces or as 3D art installations.Read More