Learn the tricks and techniques behind Procion dyeing to create a beautiful range of unique fabrics in different colours (including indigo). Using natural fibre like cottons and linens in conjunction with the traditional Shibori resist techniques, you will fall in love with the pieces you create using this fascinating process. Bring in your own pieces to dye, from fashion items to tablewares.
- A materials fee is included in the cost of the course
- Calico/test material and 2 x 100% linen tea towel blanks will be provided
- All additional fabric to be supplied by student (not needed for first class)
What to bring:-
- Sketchbook (A4 or A5)
- Pencil, eraser, sharpener
- Students will be required to purchase their own fabric for printing, this will be discussed in the first class
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Roberta Leary
Roberta Leary knows textiles and colour. With over 25 years of teaching experience and success as a freelance designer specializing in hand painted and screenprinted textiles for interior design and fashion garments.Read More