Discover the ancient technique of lost wax casting to create small scale wearable forms and sculptures. Experiment with alternative materials such as plants and fabric. Students are welcome to recycle silver from broken or unwanted jewellery to create new forms.
6 Nov–11 Dec | 9:30am–12:30pm
$346/ members $312
- A materials fee is included in the cost of the course
What to bring:-
- Designs and forms for inspiration
- Any jewellery making or wax carving tools if you have them
- Old gold/ silver/ metal for melting, this will be discussed in the first class
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Sarah Elson
Sarah Elson’s jewellery work centres on the myriad ways that the bizarre and wonderful forms of plants and natural materials can be turned into jewellery pieces through the method of casting.Read More