Discover the luscious qualities of pastels. Enjoy the energy and vigour of this simple medium that was a favourite of artists like Degas and Picasso.
What to bring:-
- Art Spectrum Pastels (or similar colours): T509 Golden Yellow, P511 Poppy Red, P526 Ultramarine Blue, P500 Titanium White
- Optional colours: X540 Yellow Ochre, N548 Burnt Sienna, N579 Greenish Umber, V508 Spectrum Red, P517 Flinders Red Violet, V512 Crimson, T578 Australian Leaf Green/Blue, T535 Turquoise
- Willow charcoal
- 1 x can workable fixative
- masking tape
- Paper - sanded pastel paper (i.e. Colourfix) or Watercolour paper (185gsm)
- Glassine Paper (to protect finished work) - not essential
- 1 x kneadable eraser
- 1 x white plastic eraser
- 1 x H, 1 x HB Pencils
- Gloves (latex or similar)
- Further materials may be required throughout the course
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Jim Buchanan
Jim Buchanan is an artist, designer and tutor who has taught in the Perth metro area and remote WA. He is passionate about creating art in soft pastel and charcoal mediums, Jim explores the interplay of light and colour in the natural and built landscapes.Read More