Learn how to work with this exciting medium. Gain an understanding of colour theory and how form and tone are developed. With plenty of demonstrations and tutor guidance students will work on a painting over six weeks.
What to bring:-
- Canvas board or stretched canvas (approx. A3 size or smaller if you wish)
- Oil paint- (recommend) Ivory black, Burnt Sienna, Raw umber, Yellow Ochre, Alizarian Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Zic White, Titanium white, any variations on pinks/browns/greens/blues etc.
- Brushes various sizes. Recommend at least size 1 and above.
- Mixing palette/board
- Palette knife
- Students can provide portrait photo if painting portrait.
- Students can choose to work from life with still life objects or from photos.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Caspar Fairhall
Caspar Fairhall’s multidisciplinary art practice over more than 25 years incorporates painting, video and interactive video art — all with a foundation in observational drawing.Read More