Build an oil painting, from under–painting right through to finish glazes. Be guided through exercises to improve your skills and develop your own projects. Learn a range of traditional and contemporary techniques.
What to bring:-
- Oil paint colours : Ultramarine Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Yellow Light, Titanium White - no other colours required
- Disposable palette pad or wooden palette
- Art Spectrum Painting Medium No.1 (100ml is fine)
- Palette knife
- A3 Art Spectrum Oil Paper Pad
- Masking tape
- Small glass jar with lid
- Cotton rags x 2
- An old shirt or apron
- Please note that turpentine, oil paints and other solvents will be used in this class – if you have a sensitivity to any of these please contact us before booking in
- Further materials may be required throughout the course
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Desmond Sweeney
Desmond Sweeney is a visual artist creating landscape paintings and seascape murals with 20 years experience in the arts and creative industries.