Painting Fabric With Natural Dyes For A Child + Adult Working Together with Annick Akanni
A fun class for kids and adults to do together! Join Annick Akanni for an exploratory day out in the FAC grounds, foraging natural materials and everyday materials to turn into dyes with Annick's guidance, and learning how to paint onto paper and fabric with these dyes in our Silkscreen studio.
A great introduction to the natural dyes in the world around us, and simple painting techniques and processes that you can replicate at home!
Information for Parents:-
- Please send your child with a sunhat and sunscreen as we may take them outside for breaks. All breaks are supervised by the tutor or a member of FAC Kids’ Classes staff
- Please ensure your child has water, snack and/or lunch if a longer class
- Your child should wear old clothes or bring an apron/art smock as some of the classes can get messy
- Please sign the class list in the studio when you drop off and pick up your child. Children will not be permitted to leave the studio at the end of class without a parent/guardian
- All tutors and FAC Kids’ Classes staff hold valid Working with Children Checks
- All materials are included
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Annick Akanni
Annick Akanni is a textile artist specialising in printed and woven textile design. Annick explores her rich heritage and love for the natural world, expressing her art through colour, pattern and texture, sharing her love for textiles through storytelling.