Learn how to make enclosed hollow shapes such as bottles and other forms, using two-part plaster moulds. Make an original clay model either by hand or on the wheel and then cast these forms in both pure and paper plaster. Explore casting, assembling, decorating and glazing the vessels.
- A materials & firing fee is included in the cost of the course
What to bring:-
- Notebook & pen
- Clay tools (if you have them)
- An old towel
- 20-30ltr lidded container (to store work)
- FAC provides 1 x bag of clay per student, students will be required to purchase further clay if needed
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Sandra Black
Sandra Black’s delicate, hand-detailed porcelain pieces are distinctive and well known in Western Australia for their refinement.Read More