Discover the simple technique of cuttlebone casting, and the art lost wax casting, a process in which a mould is created out of wax, burnt away and then refilled with metal. These techniques allow for fine detailing on a small scale, resulting in exquisite metal pieces.
- A materials fee is included in the cost of the course which covers tools and equipment, consumables and base metals (excludes silver)
What to bring:-
- Designs and forms for inspiration
- Any jewellery making or wax carving tools if you have them
- Old gold/ silver for melting, this will be discussed in the first class
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Nicole Lance
Nicole's flexible and informative teaching style puts an emphasis on careful design and her classes will equip newcomers with both contemporary and traditional techniques.Read More