Learn the art of lost wax casting, creating miniature sculptural works in metal. Cast small–scale forms in new or recycled metal using a simple vacuum method and learn how to make them into wearable treasures.
- A materials fee is included in the cost of the course
What to bring:-
- Designs and forms for inspiration
- Any jewellery making or wax carving tools if you have them
- Old gold/ silver/ metal for melting, this will be discussed in the first class
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Max Butcher
Max Butcher is a qualified master trade jeweller with 40 years experience making for the fine jewellery market.Read More