Working on a large canvas, create your own painting in this exciting one day workshop. Learn how to use acrylic paints and be guided through basic painting techniques, colour theory and composition. Suitable for beginners.
What to bring:-
- Acrylic paints – jar of Titanium white, tubes of Carbon black, Matisse Primary red, yellow and blue, Cerulean blue, Prussian blue, Burnt Umber, Cadmium yellow medium, and any others you have
- House paint tester post can be useful if you have any
- Brushes selection to include – medium sized nylon/prolon flat, filbert, round plus a small round (Westart Scholastic Brush Set is a good start)
- A nylon house painting brush for good coverage
- Paint roller
- Plasterers tools (optional)
- Water jar
- Palette (e.g. ice cream container lid is fine or a pro wet palette – rectangular)
- Visual diary or A4 watercolour pad
- Canvas min. size 750x750mms to as large as you like
- Some images for inspiration
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Joss Gregson
Joss Gregson is a prominent WA artist and a popular tutor at Fremantle Arts Centre.Read More