Discover everything you need to know to get sewing, from learning how your machine works and sewing a straight line to reading, laying, cutting and adapting patterns. A great hands–on course to teach you technical skills and get you motivated. Students will sew a simple clothing pattern, customised to fit. Bring your own sewing machine.
What to bring:-
- A sewing machine in good working order (bring along the manual if you have it)
- Pack of assorted sewing machine needles (size 12 sharps or universal needles)
- Pencil & sharpener
- Small screwdriver
- Fabric scissors
- Measuring tape
- 30cm ruler
- 50cm calico or similar plain fabric/scrap
- Pen and notebook
- Angela will advise you during the first lesson what sort of pattern, fabric and other materials you will need to bring along for the following weeks
- Further materials may be required throughout the course
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Angela Ferolla
Angela is a warm, inspiring tutor with an enviable wealth of practical knowledge and skills that she is all too ready to share.Read More