Large-Scale Painting Weekend with Joss Gregson (Summer Special) with Joss Gregson
Working on a large canvas, create a painting of epic proportions in this exciting two-day workshop expertly led by Joss Gregson. Learn how to use acrylic paints and be guided through basic painting techniques, colour theory, and composition. Suitable for beginner students and a great way for intermediate students to be emboldened to go large!
What to bring:-
- Acrylic paints - jar of Titanium white, tubes of Carbon black, Matisse Primary red, yellow and blue, Cerulean blue, Prussian blue, Burnt Umber, Cadmium yellow medium, and any others colours you have
- House paint tester pots can be useful, if you have any
- Brushes selection to include - medium sized nylon/prolon flat, filbert, round plus a small round (Westart Scholastic Brush Set is a good start)
- A nylon house painting brush for good coverage
- Paint roller
- Plasterers tools (optional)
- Water jar
- Palette (e.g., ice cream container lid is fine or a pro wet palette - rectangular)
- Visual diary or A4 watercolour pad
- Canvas min. size 750x750mms to as large as you like!
- Some images for inspiration
- We recommend bringing your own lunch (our onsite coffee cart can be very busy on the weekends)
Please note, COVID restrictions may apply at the time of this course. By enrolling, you agree to abide by the restrictions at all times while onsite. Please visit the COVID Safe page on our website to read the most up to date information or visit wa.gov.au.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact Reception on 9432 9555 or email [email protected] to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Joss Gregson
Joss Gregson is a prominent WA artist and a popular tutor at Fremantle Arts Centre.