Working on a large canvas, create your own painting in this immersive weekend workshop. Be guided through painting techniques on the first day, such as colour theory, layering and composition, then focus on creating a large-scale painting over the rest of the weekend, whether realistic or abstract in style.
What to bring:-
- Acrylic paint – Titanium white, Carbon black, Matisse Primary red, yellow and blue, Prussian blue, Cerulean blue, Burnt Umber, Cadmium yellow medium, Pthalo green or blue
- Canvas (A3 min. – A1 max.)
- Brushes selection to include – medium sized nylon/prolon flat, filbert, round plus a small round (Westart Scholastic Brush Set is a good start)
- A large flat nylon house painting brush
- Mediums (if you have any but not essential)
- Palette (e.g. ice cream container lid is fine or a pro wet palette – rectangular)
- Water jar
- Visual diary or watercolour pad
- Images or photographs that you might like to work from
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Joss Gregson
Joss Gregson is a prominent WA artist and a popular tutor at Fremantle Arts Centre.Read More