A comprehensive six week course with a contemporary approach to landscape painting. Using oils, students will learn to connect with their subject through observational drawing. This is the perfect class to develop painting techniques.
What to bring:
- Oil Paints (avoid water miscible)
- Paynes Grey
- Titanium White
- Burn Sienna
- Alizarin Crimson
- Lemon Yellow
- Cadmium Yellow Deep
- Raw Umber
- Ultramarine Blue
- Pthalo Blue
- Lamp Black
- Optional – Cadmium Red, Violet Deep, Pthalo Green Blue, Black, Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna, Yellow Ochre
- Cartridge paper or drawing pad
- HB, 2B and 6B pencils & eraser
- Disposable palette pad
- Old rags
- Jar with lid for storing medium
- Range of brushes including a medium/large flathead brush, approx. 35mm
- Canvas paper pad
- Masking tape
- 2 x medium canvas board or stretched canvas
- Palette knife
- Art Spectrum Painting Medium No. 1
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Stephanie Reisch
Born in Belgium and based in Perth, Stephanie Reisch is an interdisciplinary artist, curator, researcher and arts educator. Her practice references prehistory and natural phenomena through drawing, painting, sound and digital media.Read More