This class is filled with helpful exercises and demonstrations to start painting landscapes. Beginning with a general landscape, look at composition, colour, light and how to create atmosphere in you paintings. Learn how to paint clouds, sky, grass, trees, the oceans and everything in between.
What to bring:-
- Acrylic paint -
- Titanium white
- Carbon black
- Matisse Primary red, yellow and blue
- Prussian blue
- Cerulean blue
- Burnt Umber
- Cadmium yellow medium
- Pthalo green or blue
- Canvas, bring A4 size for first class
- Visual diary or A4 watercolour pad (250gsm)
- Brushes selection to include - medium sized nylon/prolon flat, filbert, round plus a small round (Westart Scholastic Brush Set is a good start)
- Landscape images (printed)
- Palette (e.g. ice cream container lid is fine or a pro wet palette - rectangular)
- Water jar
- Apron or painting shirt
- Further materials may be required throughout the course
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Joss Gregson
Joss Gregson is a prominent WA artist and a popular tutor at Fremantle Arts Centre.Read More