A fun, messy class that shows kids the potential of clay using a pottery wheel to make small bowls, pots and beakers. All work will be fired at Fremantle Arts Centre.
Information for Parents:-
- Please send your child with a sunhat and sunscreen as we may take them outside for breaks. All breaks are supervised by the tutor or a member of FAC Kids’ Classes staff
- Please ensure your child has water, snack and/or lunch if a longer class
- Your child should wear old clothes or bring an apron/art smock as some of the classes can get messy
- Please sign the class list in the studio when you drop off and pick up your child. Children will not be permitted to leave the studio at the end of class without a parent/guardian
- All tutors and FAC Kids’ Classes staff hold valid Working with Children Checks
- Parents will be notified when animation, film, photos or ceramics works are ready (this can take up to 4 weeks from the end of the holiday program)
- All materials are included
- Your child should wear old clothes or bring an apron/art smock as some of the classes can get messy. Please ensure closed shoes are worn.
Tutor Kim Gillespie
Kim has been working in ceramics for many years, in her own practice and teaching both adults and children about working with clay. Having worked at Shenton College and more recently at Perth Studio Potters, Kim has a vast knowledge of different techniques for throwing, hand building and using various types of clay.Read More