Introduction To Watercolours with Rodney Sinclair (Summer Special) with Rodney Sinclair
Are you a complete beginner when it comes to painting with watercolours? This course is designed for the absolute beginner, you will learn the basics of watercolour techniques and build on your skills from there under the guidance of Rodney Sinclair. Be guided through step-by-step demonstrations and exercises to get you more familiar with this wonderful medium in a fun and light filled studio environment.
What to bring:-
- Watercolour paints (Cotman, Art Spectrum or similar) - 1 tube or of each colour: Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red, Cadmium Yellow Pale, Cobalt Blue, Sap Green, Raw Umber, Yellow Ochre, Ivory Black
- Watercolour palette (plastic, medium to large mixing sections/compartments)
- Brushes - No. 3 & No. 12 round nylon brush, Cheap Bristle or Synthetic 25 mm flat brush
- Pencils HB, 2B
- Fab-Castell Kneadable Eraser
- Watercolour paper 300gsm Cold Press A4 or larger (watercolour pad is ideal!)
- Two water jars or plastic containers
- Masking tape 25mm
- We recommend bringing your own lunch (our onsite coffee cart can be very busy on the weekends)
Please note, COVID restrictions may apply at the time of this course. By enrolling, you agree to abide by the restrictions at all times while onsite. Please visit the COVID Safe page on our website to read the most up to date information or visit wa.gov.au.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact Reception on 9432 9555 or email [email protected] to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Rodney Sinclair
Rodney Sinclair is a practicing WA artist living in Wembley, Western Australia. Painting and drawing since childhood, he first studied Graphic Art and Illustration at Perth Technical College