Introduction To Shibori Dyeing with Roberta Leary
Learn the techniques behind Procion dyeing to create a beautiful range of unique fabrics in different colours (including indigo). Using natural fibre like cottons and linens in conjunction with the traditional Shibori resist techniques, you will fall in love with the pieces you create using this fascinating process. Bring in your own pieces to dye, from fashion items to tablewares.
- A materials fee is included in the cost of the course
- Calico/test material and 2 x 100% linen tea towel blanks will be provided
- All additional fabric to be supplied by student (not needed for first class)
What to bring:-
- Sketchbook (A4 or A5)
- Pencil, eraser, sharpener
- Students will be required to purchase their own fabric for printing, this will be discussed in the first class
- Students must wear appropriate clothing, closed-toe shoes and tie up long hair for safety reasons
Please note, COVID restrictions may apply at the time of this course. By enrolling, you agree to abide by the restrictions at all times while onsite. Please visit the COVID Safe page on our website to read the most up to date information or visit wa.gov.au.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact Reception on 9432 9555 or email ArtsCentre@fremantle.wa.gov.au to discuss suitability and how we can help.
FAC are currently in the final stages of a long-term project to refurbish, repair and protect one of the City’s best loved heritage buildings. For more information, please head to: Roof Restoration - Fremantle Arts Centre Heritage Building (fac.org.au), please direct any questions about the roof works to: email@example.com
Tutor Roberta Leary
Roberta Leary knows textiles and colour. With over 25 years of teaching experience and success as a freelance designer specializing in hand painted and screenprinted textiles for interior design and fashion garments.Read More