This is a great introduction to the art of throwing on the pottery wheel. Discover clay's unique properties, the specialist tools used for shaping and different ways to decorate and glaze pieces. Works will be fired in FAC's kilns.
- A materials & firing fee is included in the cost of the course
What to bring:-
- Notebook & pen
- Clay tools (if you have them)
- An old towel
- FAC provides 1 x bag of clay per student, students will be required to purchase further clay if needed
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
Firing & Glazing:-
- It is not always possible to fire and glaze all pieces made before the end of your course. The firing of each individual item is dependent on many factors including:– drying time, thickness, size, amount of work, when pieces are finished (i.e. towards the end of term the kilns are extremely full), and whether the pieces require bisque or glaze firing. We do our upmost to fire as much work as possible each week, however please bear in mind all of the above considerations. Please plan in advance if you would like to glaze in your final week of class.
- Once fired, work is left on the collection shelves and an email sent out with collection times. It is the student’s responsibility to identify and collect their own work.
- There are stand-alone glazing courses on offer each term if you would like to come back and finish your work another time.
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Finn Anderson
Finn Anderson is an artist whose work combines elements of traditional pottery with modern design.Read More