During this 8 week hand building course, students will learn a number of foundational hand building techniques including coiling, slab work, pinch pots and more. With these techniques each student will create a project where they can further expand their knowledge and develop a series of functional or decorative pieces.
- One bag of clay & a firing fee is included in the cost of the course
What to bring:-
- Notebook & pen
- Clay tools (if you have them)
- An old towel
- FAC provides 1 x bag of clay per student, students will be required to purchase further clay if needed
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
Firing & Glazing:-
- It is not always possible to fire and glaze all pieces made before the end of your course. The firing of each individual item is dependent on many factors including:– drying time, thickness, size, amount of work, when pieces are finished (i.e. towards the end of term the kilns are extremely full), and whether the pieces require bisque or glaze firing. We do our upmost to fire as much work as possible each week, however please bear in mind all of the above considerations. Please plan in advance if you would like to glaze in your final week of class.
- Once fired, work is left on the collection shelves and an email sent out with collection times. It is the student’s responsibility to identify and collect their own work.
- There are stand-alone glazing courses on offer each term if you would like to come back and finish your work another time.
Please note, COVID restrictions may apply at the time of this course. By enrolling, you agree to abide by the restrictions at all times while onsite. Please visit the COVID Safe page on our website to read the most up to date information, or visit wa.gov.au.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enroll has special requirements, please contact Reception on 9432 9555 or email [email protected] to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Tracey-Lee van den Bergh
Tracey-Lee van den Bergh has been working with ceramics for 20 years and has an infinite love for clay materials and experimentation.Read More