This workshop begins with a brief tour of FAC's kids' exhibition 'Hundreds and Thousands'. Taking inspiration from all the colourful, playful works start your own journey into art making.
Learn a number of hand-building techniques, including how to join pieces, to create your own fantasy creatures and their surroundings. Decorate your creations with colourful glazes. Items will be fired in FAC's kilns.
Information for Parents:-
- Please send your child with a sunhat and sunscreen as we may take them outside for breaks. All breaks are supervised by the tutor or a member of FAC Kids’ Classes staff
- Please ensure your child has water, snack and/or lunch if a longer class
- Your child should wear old clothes or bring an apron/art smock and wear closed shoes as some of the classes can get messy
- Please sign the class list in the studio when you drop off and pick up your child. Children will not be permitted to leave the studio at the end of class without a parent/guardian
- All tutors and FAC Kids’ Classes staff hold valid Working with Children Checks
- Parents will be notified when animation, film, photos or ceramics works are ready (this can take up to 4 weeks from the end of the holiday program)
- All materials are included
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Amy Perejuan-Capone
Amy Perejuan-Capone is a multidisciplinary artist based in Fremantle working in media as diverse and weird as ceramics, snow, watercolour, video, and old aircraft.