Draw & Illustrate Cartoon Characters For Older Kids
Learn how to draw your own cartoon characters and bring them to life. Using felt tip markers and large poster paper, play around with mark-making and cartoon construction under the guidance of artist Ben Crappsley.
Information for Parents:-
- FAC are currently in the final stages of a long-term project to refurbish, repair and protect on the City’s best loved heritage buildings, and will be replacing the final section of the roof of the Centre during April. For more information, please head to: Roof Restoration - Fremantle Arts Centre Heritage Building (fac.org.au), please direct any questions about the roof works to: [email protected]
- Please send your child with a sunhat and sunscreen as we may take them outside for breaks. All breaks are supervised by the tutor or a member of FAC Kids’ Classes staff
- Please ensure your child has water, snack and/or lunch if a longer class
- Your child should wear old clothes or bring an apron/art smock as some of the classes can get messy
- Please sign the class list in the studio when you drop off and pick up your child. Children will not be permitted to leave the studio at the end of class without a parent/guardian
- All tutors and FAC Kids’ Classes staff hold valid Working with Children Checks
- All materials are included
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Ben Crappsley
Since completing his Masters degree in visual art at Curtin University in 2011 Ben Crappsley has continued to develop his arts practice, contributing to numerous group exhibitions, awards and three solo exhibitions.