In this fun workshop you will learn the exciting process of tie dyeing fabric. Discover how to create pattern and design using a variety of colours. Take home your own colourful tie dye pillow case. Bring along a pre-washed white cotton garment to tie-dye as well.
Information for Parents:-
- Bring along a pre-washed white cotton garment to dye - must be white, cotton and washed
- Please send your child with a sunhat and sunscreen as we may take them outside for breaks. All breaks are supervised by the tutor or a member of FAC Kids’ Classes staff
- Please ensure your child has water, snack and/or lunch if a longer class
- Your child should wear old clothes or bring an apron/art smock as some of the classes can get messy
- Please sign the class list in the studio when you drop off and pick up your child. Children will not be permitted to leave the studio at the end of class without a parent/guardian
- All tutors and FAC Kids’ Classes staff hold valid Working with Children Checks
- All materials are included
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Joanne Bowman
Jo Bowmann's work varies in style & medium, from sculptural to stitched forms, large knitted works using surveyor's tape and jute and assembling found pieces of timber into house forms and icons. Jo's work ethic arises from growing up in the Eastern Wheatbelt on a farm observing her family work.Read More