This workshop begins with a brief tour of FAC's kids' exhibition 'Hundreds and Thousands'. Taking inspiration from all the colourful, playful works start your own journey into art making.
Did you love all the colourful garlands you saw in the galleries? Learn how to create your very own fun garlands and decorations using an assortment of used colourful plastics. Combine them with wire and other interesting elements to give them your own unique touch. A fun workshop of discovery into the repurposing of used plastics and other objects.
Information for Parents:-
- Please send your child with a sunhat and sunscreen as we may take them outside for breaks. All breaks are supervised by the tutor or a member of FAC Kids’ Classes staff
- Please ensure your child has water, snack and/or lunch if a longer class
- Your child should wear old clothes or bring an apron/art smock and wear closed shoes as clay classes can get messy
- Please sign the class list in the studio when you drop off and pick up your child. Children will not be permitted to leave the studio at the end of class without a parent/guardian
- All tutors and FAC Kids’ Classes staff hold valid Working with Children Checks
- All materials are included
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Kate Sale
Kate studied Jewellery at NMIT in Melbourne. She enjoys using traditionally taught jewellery techniques but pushes the boundaries to create modern, unique and very colourful pieces.Read More