Discover the simple technique of cuttlebone casting, and the art lost wax casting, a process in which a mould is created out of wax, burnt away and then refilled with metal. Using wax mould–making techniques allows for fine detailing on a small scale, resulting in exquisite metal pieces.
- A materials fee is included in the cost of the course
What to bring:-
- Designs and forms for inspiration
- Any jewellery making or wax carving tools if you have them
- Old gold/ silver for melting, this will be discussed in the first class
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Nicole Lance
Nicole's flexible and informative teaching style puts an emphasis on careful design and her classes will equip newcomers with both contemporary and traditional techniques.Read More