Come with a book concept in mind or just a creative imagination to draw from. This course will explore basic drawing skills, storyboards, how to apply colour with a variety of mediums, typography and the elements and principles of book design through to publishing. Create fully resolved illustrations, from initial sketches to full colour finish.
What to bring:-
- A book concept/ creative imagination
- 2B pencil
- A4 sketch pad or plan A4 paper
- black Artline pens (2.0, 4.0)
- Colour mediums: watercolour pencils/ watercolour paint- gauche3 (will be discussed - not necessary for first class)
- Paintbrush (will be discussed - not necessary for first class)
- Water jar (not necessary for first class)
- Black artline pen (2.0) (will be discussed - not necessary for first class)
- Watercolour paper (smooth/hot pressed) (will be discussed - not necessary for first class)
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Jenessa King
Jenessa King is a multidisciplinary artist whose work spans across illustration, graphic design, typography and watercolour.Read More