Discover the art of painting with acrylics. Learn about brushes, mediums, basic colour theory and how to mix colour. Starting with the simplest of objects, learn how to create depth and form, gaining confidence to tackle more complex compositions and eventually abstract paintings.
What to bring:-
- Acrylic paint - Titanium white, Carbon black; Matisse Primary red, yellow and blue (or if not available Quinn Magenta, Cerulean blue, Cadmium Yellow Medium); Prussian blue, Burnt Umber (others may be required later in the term)
- Canvases as required, visual diary or watercolour paper for the first day
- Range of brushes (Westart Scholasitc six pack is useful) - includes round, flat and filbert
- Palette (e.g. ice cream container lid is fine or a pro wet palette - rectangular)
- Water jar
- A4 Visual diary
- Thick Slow Medium
- Apron or painting shirt
- Further materials may be required throughout the course
Please note, COVID restrictions may apply at the time of this course. By enrolling, you agree to abide by the restrictions at all times while onsite. Please visit the COVID Safe page on our website to read the most up to date information, or visit wa.gov.au.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Joss Gregson
Joss Gregson is a prominent WA artist and a popular tutor at Fremantle Arts Centre.Read More