Discover the art of painting with acrylics. Learn about brushes, mediums, basic colour theory and how to mix colour. Starting with the simplest of objects, learn how to create depth and form, gaining confidence to tackle more complex compositions and eventually abstract paintings.
What to bring:-
- Acrylic paint - Titanium white, Carbon black; Matisse Primary red, yellow and blue (or if not available Quinn Magenta, Cerulean blue, Cadmium Yellow Medium); Prussian blue, Burnt Umber (others may be required later in the term)
- Canvases as required, bring A4 size (approx.) for the first class
- Range of brushes (Westart Scholasitc six pack is useful) - includes round, flat and filbert
- Palette (e.g. ice cream container lid is fine or a pro wet palette - rectangular)
- Water jar
- A4 Visual diary
- Thick Slow Medium
- Apron or painting shirt
- Further materials may be required throughout the course
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Joss Gregson
Joss Gregson is a prominent WA artist and a popular tutor at Fremantle Arts Centre.Read More