Discover the joys of painting with acrylics. Learn about colour, texture, shape and tone and how to combine these elements. Explore this medium in an encouraging setting through a variety of exercises guided by your tutor.
What to bring:-
- Acrylic paints - (Chromacryl/Atelier/Matissse) -
- Titaniuam white,
- Warm Red - cadmium red or napthol scarlet
- Cool Red - alizarine crimson or quinacridone red or magenta
- Warm Blue - Ultramarine
- Cool Blue - Phthalo blue
- Warm Yellow - cadmium yellow medium or arylamide yellow or indian yellow
- Cool Yellow - cadmium yellow light or arylamide yellow light or yellow light hansa
- Other option colours are: viridian or sap green, phthalo green, yellow orchre and mars black
- Note book
- Selection of acrylic or bristle brushes, round and flat (filbert) sizes 2, 4, 6, 8
- Palette knife
- 2 x jars with lids
- Clean rags
- Canvas/boards and preparing surfaces will be discussed in the first class
- Further materials may be required throughout the course
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Leslee Rowlands
Leslee Rowlands is an Art educator with over 30 years of experience teaching students of all ages. Her aim is to offer a supportive learning environment in which the participants are inspired and can develop the confidence to explore and pursue their artistic side.