A Day on the Wheel: Sunday 18th June
Never tried ceramics before? Want to know how it works? This workshop is an introduction to the specialised art of throwing on the pottery wheel. Have fun learning a new skill under a tutor's expert guidance.
- A materials & firing fee is included in the cost of the course
What to bring:-
- Notebook & pen
- An old towel
- FAC provides clay for each student
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
- We recommend bringing your lunch (our onsite coffee cart can be very busy on weekends)
Firing & Glazing:-
- It is not always possible to fire and glaze all pieces made before the end of your course. The firing of each individual item is dependent on many factors including:– drying time, thickness, size, amount of work, when pieces are finished (i.e. towards the end of term the kilns are extremely full), and whether the pieces require bisque or glaze firing. We do our upmost to fire as much work as possible each week, however please bear in mind all of the above considerations. Please plan in advance if you would like to glaze in your final week of class.
- Once fired, work is left on the collection shelves and an email sent out with collection times. It is the student’s responsibility to identify and collect their own work.
- There are stand-alone glazing courses on offer each term if you would like to come back and finish your work another time.
Please note, COVID restrictions may apply at the time of this course. By enrolling, you agree to abide by the restrictions at all times while onsite. Please visit the COVID Safe page on our website to read the most up to date information, or visit wa.gov.au.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
FAC are currently in the final stages of a long-term project to refurbish, repair and protect on the City’s best loved heritage buildings, and will be replacing the final section of the roof of the Centre during April. For more information, please head to: Roof Restoration - Fremantle Arts Centre Heritage Building (fac.org.au), please direct any questions about the roof works to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enroll has special requirements, please contact Reception on 9432 9555 or email ArtsCentre@fremantle.wa.gov.au to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Robyn Sinclair
Robyn Sinclair is fascinated by the meditative process of throwing on the wheel, creating unique vessels and functional pots for everyday use.Read More