Never tried ceramics before? Want to know how it works? This workshop is an introduction to the specialised art of throwing on the pottery wheel. Have fun learning a new skill under your tutor's expert guidance.
- A materials & firing fee is included in the cost of the course
What to bring:-
- Notebook & pen
- Clay tools (if you have them)
- An old towel
- FAC provides clay for each student
- Closed footwear and appropriate clothing to be worn
Firing & Glazing:-
- All pieces made during this class will be bisque fired (unglazed)
- Once fired, work is left on the collection shelves and an email sent out with collection times. It is the student’s responsibility to identify and collect their own work.
- There are stand-alone glazing courses on offer each term if you would like to come back and finish your work another time.
FAC has implemented a number of cleaning and safety measures to ensure our students’ wellbeing. Social distancing will be observed in the studios and course content has been adapted to suit new safety guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and studios will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
FAC is a heritage listed building with access limitations. If you have any special access requirements please contact reception on 9432 9555 before enrolling in a course.
Students with Special Requirements:
If you or the person you are wishing to enrol has special requirements, please contact reception on 9432 9555 to discuss suitability and how we can help.
Tutor Greg Crowe
Greg Crowe has a long history with Fremantle Arts Centre, having exhibited here in the 1980s and 1990s. He has more than 40 years experience in making ceramics and over 30 years of teaching in Perth, Sydney and many other national and international locations.Read More